2013 Tennis Camps
Summer Program: The WRA offers many opportunities for both kids and adults to learn or improve their tennis led by one of the finest tennis programs in Northern Virginia: Mount Vernon Athletic Clubs Blue Chip Tennis Academy. Types of summer tennis clinics for our junior members include: Quick Start (ages 5-8) and Junior Camps (ages 9-15). We’ve also added an Advanced Junior Performance clinic for youth ages 12-16 who want to take their tennis to the next level.
For adults, WRA offers Cardio Tennis, Adult Beginner, and Stroke of the Week classes.
Signups will be held on Super Sunday, May 5, 2013. After Super Sunday, please contact Deasy Heimbach at moc.oohaynull@321ysaed. The forms you will need can be downloaded below (and are also found on the Forms page).
The 2013 Tennis Program for Kids and Adults will run for six weeks:
- June 24-28
- July 1-5 (Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri)
- July 8-12
- July 15-19
- July 22-26
- July 29-Aug 2
- Quick Start introduces kids ages 5-8 to tennis and emphasizes fun, hand-eye coordination, basic stroke production, and appropriate sports conduct. They are 45 minutes in duration, have a maximum student to instructor ratio of 6:1, and cost $45 per session. On Wednesdays, the classes begin roughly 2 hours later to accomodate morning Jr. Tennis Team matches. Please see the Registration Form for exact dates.
- Junior Camp introduces kids ages 9-15 to tennis rules, scoring, etiquette, and fundamental stroke techniques. It is 60 minutes in duration, has maximum student to instructor ratio of 8:1, and costs $55 per session. On Wednesdays, the camp begins at 2pm to accomodate morning Jr. Tennis Team matches. Please see the Registration Form for exact dates.
- Advanced Junior Performance Camp is for those kids who want to bring their game up a notch. The focus will be on advanced stroke techniques, strategy, and conditioning. This is really for those kids ages 12-16 who might want to pursue, or who are pursuing, playing tennis competitively in high school. Only those kids who know the fundamentals should sign up for this course. The camp is every Friday from 10-11:30. There are two three-week sessions provided in the summer. The cost is $65 per session (3 classes included per session). There is a separate Registration Form for this camp that includes the exact dates.
- Cardio Tennis is for those who know how to play tennis but want to improve their strokes while getting a good cardio workout. There are two opportunities – a Tuesday night session and a Thursday night session. Registration is first come, first served – only 8 players per session. Classes are 6-7pm. The cost is $50 per session (each session is three classes). See the adult tennis registration form for specifics regarding dates/times.
- Adult Beginner Lessons are for those who have never played or played very little tennis. It’s a great way to get introduced to the sport so you can play with your kids or friends in the future. The class is scheduled for Thursday evenings from 7-8pm. 8 players per class so sign up now! The cost is $50 per session (each session is three classes). See the adult tennis registration form for specifics regarding dates/times.
- Stroke of the Week is a FREE class held from 7-8pm on Tuesday nights. Sign-ups will be the week before the class and players will be prioritized on a first come, first served basis. Look for details in the WRA clubhouse during the season.
- Tues: 7:00-8:00pm
This content last updated April 28, 2013 @ 11:43 pm