WRA Kids Activities
The Waynewood Recreation Association provides a number of youth-oriented activities for children of all ages during the summer months. These programs are conducted on the WRA grounds and provide an excellent opportunity for our youth membership. Camps include:
- Soccer Camp – Summer 2013: Register your children, ages 3-8, for soccer fun at the Waynewood Rec field. Excite Soccer will be running 3 separate 5-day mini camps at the WRA. Members of WRA will get first priority on registration as numbers are limited.
- Excite Soccer Camp registration form: PDF
- Sandbox Tots – Summer 2013: This is a fun 4-day camp aimed at the preschool set. Counselors take the kids through a fun-filled 4 days of arts and crafts, story-time, music, and physical activities focusing on a different theme each day. The camps are held at the WRA park and playground (no pool or swimming). The camp is open to children ages 3-5 that are potty trained. The cost is $70/child, payable to the WRA. The cost includes all supplies and snacks. There will be a 4:1 ratio of kids to energetic counselors in order to ensure safety. The date and time for the camp is as follows:
July 15-18, 9-12 a.m.
- Basketball Camp: This camp is a fun way to learn the fundamentals of basketball for kids of a wide-range of ages and abilities. Read more on the basketball page.
- Tennis Camp: This camp is a fun way to learn the fundamentals of tennis for kids of a wide-range of ages and abilities. This camp is available at a variety of times and levels to provide maximum access to this great activity. It costs an additional fee. Read more on the tennis camps and tennis teams page.
Participants will be grouped by age and each day’s activities will include lots of fun games created to make each player more confident when in possession of the soccer ball. All campers should bring a water bottle and small snack. Excite Soccer will provide the soccer balls and other equipment. Cost is $120 per week, $220 for both weeks, or $310 for all three weeks, and includes an end of week award. The dates and times for the camps are as follows:
Week 1: June 24-28, 9-11 a.m.
Week 2: July 8-12, 9-11 a.m.
Week 3: July 15-19, 9-11 a.m.
We need several teen counselors for this program. Please contact the Special Events Chair if you are interested in learning more.
Birthday Parties: Members may use the picnic grounds for birthday parties and other family events. The picnic tables are first-come, first-served. If your group will be larger than 20, or if you intend to use the pool, you will need to fill out a reservation request. Instructions and the forms can be found on the Field and Facilities Reservation page. If you plan to use the pool, you will need to pay the $2 guest fee for each non-member guest (check must be written by a WRA member). Please keep food, decorations, and party activities outside the pool area, at the picnic tables. If you have questions about your event, please contact the Vice President.
Site last updated June 14, 2013 @ 1:03 am