INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR THE WRA?
PAYING JOBS WITH THE WRA:
The WRA is currently looking for applicants for the following positions:
1. Basketball Camp Head Counselor: The Basketball camp head counselor is the individual responsible for coordinating the activities of the WRA Basketball camp which is geared toward 5-12 year olds. This individual will possess a strong knowledge of the fundamentals and rules of basketball and will be interested in teaching groups of youths the basics of the sport. Participation in a high school, league or college team is helpful. Pay will be commensurate to qualifications. Please contact the Special Events Chair to apply.
2. Basketball Camp Counselor: The basketball camp counselor will assist the head counselor with the activities of the WRA basketball camp. The indiciual should have a strong knowledge of the fundamentals and rules of basketball and the ability to teach groups of youths. Pay will be commensurate to qualifications. Please contact the Special Events Chair to apply.
3. Sandbox Tots Counselor: The Sandbox Tots counselor will assist the head counselor with the implementation of the Sandbox Tots program, geared toward 3-5 year olds. This camp will be held from July 13-16, and July 20-23 at the WRA Park in front of the pool house. Applicants must possess a love of children and have at least 1 year experience babysitting. Please contact the Special Events Chair to apply.
4. Lifeguards: High Sierra Pools is currently seeking applicants to be lifeguards for the 2009 season. For more information and to apply, go to www.highsierrapools.com/2009/.
VOLUNTEER JOBS WITH THE WRA
The WRA is currently looking for volunteers to help with the following programs:
1. End of School Year Party Coordinators (2 needed): The End of School Year Party coordinators work together to plan and execute a hot dog luncheon on June 18th from 1:00 – 3:00pm at the WRA pool and grounds. This opportunity requires approximately 10 hours of work from May 18th – June 18th. Individuals will need to coordinate food purchase, organize games and be the point-person during the event. Please contact the Specials Events Chair to be considered.
2. Adult Pool Party Coordinators (3 needed): The Adult Pool Party coordinators are in charge of the WRA SOCIAL EVENT OF THE SEASON, scheduled for July 11th. This requires about 12 hours of work from June 11th – July 11th, including securing a band or DJ, obtaining an ABC liquor license, ordering food, advertising, and on-site management the day of the event. Please contact the Special Events Chair to be considered.
3. Independence Day Volunteers: We need a slew of excellent people to help manage the WRA’s long-running Independence Day tradition. We need one good person to take on coordination of the entire event (a 20 hour commitment starting on May 4th and running until July 4th). Folks are also needed to be day-of volunteers for set-up/take-down, ticket sales, cake walk baking, working the booths at the midway games, judging the costumes at the parade and on and on and on. Please contact the Special Events Chair to be a part of one of the most important Waynewood traditions.
Site last updated May 22, 2013 @ 9:27 am